YAHOO MAIL SETUP
The Yahoo Mail accounts can be configured in any email client using either the automatic or manual method. To set up the Yahoo Mail account manually, you should know the incoming and outgoing server details. The instructions to add a Yahoo Mail account to the Outlook email client and an iPad are given on this web page.
HOW TO SETUP YAHOO MAIL IN OUTLOOK?
- Open the default web browser on your computer and access your Yahoo Mail account using its email address and password.
- Click your profile name at the top-right corner of the screen and choose the Account Info option.
- On the next page that appears, click the Account Security tab on the left panel.
- In the main panel, turn on the toggle next to the ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign in’ option.
Outlook 2019 & 2016:
- Open the main interface of the Outlook 2019 email client, navigate to the File tab, and click the Info option on the left panel.
- Click the Add Account option and enter the Yahoo Mail account’s email address in the Email Address field.
- When the Account Settings window opens, enter the Yahoo Mail account’s password and click the Connect button.
- Now, the Yahoo Mail account will be added to the Outlook 2019 email client automatically.
Outlook 2013 & 2010:
- Click File -> Info -> Add Account -> Manual setup or additional server types -> Next -> POP or IMAP -> Next.
- The POP and IMAP Account Settings window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the following information as mentioned below:
- Your name: Your full name
- Email address: Yahoo Mail account’s email address
- Account Type: POP or IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (IMAP) or pop.mail.yahoo.com (POP)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Fill the User Name and Password fields correctly.
- Click More Settings and customize the server settings.
- Once done, click OK -> Next -> Close.
HOW TO SETUP YAHOO MAIL ON IPAD
Method 1 – Automatically set up the Yahoo Mail account
- Launch the Settings application on your iPad.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords -> Add Account -> Yahoo.
- Type the Yahoo Mail account’s email address and password in the appropriate fields and tap the Sign In option.
- Once you select the Save option, the Yahoo Mail account gets added to the iPad automatically.
Method 2 – Manually setting up the Yahoo Mail account
- On the home screen of the iPad, tap the Settings application.
- Tap the Accounts & Passwords or Mail, Contacts, Calendar option.
- Note: This option varies depending on the OS of the iPad.
- Tap the Add Account option followed by the Other option.
- Type the Yahoo Mail account’s email address and password and then tap the Next option.
- Provide the correct incoming and outgoing server details and then touch Next.
- Enable the Use SSL feature.
- Check if the Server Port field is filled with the correct port number and tap the Done option.
FIXED: CANNOT SETUP YAHOO MAIL ON IPHONE
- If you cannot set up the Yahoo Mail account on your iPhone, carry out the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.
- Check if the Wi-Fi feature has been turned on.
- Slow internet connection is the main reason for the unsuccessful Yahoo Mail account configuration on the iPhone.
- Make sure to enter the correct email address and password of the Yahoo Mail account.
- If you are setting up the account manually, the incoming and the outgoing mail server details must be correct.
- Instead of adding the Yahoo Mail account to Mail, use the Yahoo Mail application.