Xplornet.Com Mail Settings
Email settings play a crucial role in configuring an email account on an email client. If you want to know the email settings for Xplornet.com, this article can guide you through the procedure.
Incoming mail settings take care of the messages you receive, whereas outgoing mail settings take care of the messages you send. You can configure your incoming mail settings using either IMAP or POP. If you choose IMAP, the messages you receive will be stored on the server. So, you can access your emails from multiple devices. In case you choose the POP mail server, you cannot access the emails from any other device other than the one in which you downloaded the emails. Thus, it is recommended to use the IMAP email server. When it comes to the outgoing mail server, SMTP is common for both IMAP and POP.
Xplornet.com incoming mail settings (IMAP)
- Incoming Server: imap.xplornet.com
- Incoming Port: 993
- Encryption: SSL
Xplornet.com outgoing mail settings
- Outgoing Server: smtp.xplornet.com
- Outgoing Port: 587
- Encryption: SSL
Configure your Xplornet account in Outlook
When you configure your Xplornet email account in Outlook, you can access all your emails on a single platform. Follow these instructions and complete the configuration.
- On your computer, launch Outlook.
- Click the File menu, choose the Account Settings option, and click New.
- In the Add New Account window, choose Email Account and click on the Next button.
- Now, click the radio button next to the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option and click Next.
- Choose Internet Email and click Next.
- On the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen, you need to enter the required credentials in your User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information sections.
- Enter your name and Xplornet email address in the User Information segment.
- In the Server Information section, choose the Account Type as IMAP. Then, enter the Incoming mail server as imap.xplornet.com. Enter the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) as smtp.xplornet.com for both account types.
- In the Logon Information section, enter the username and password of your Xplornet email account.
- Click on the More Settings button.
- In the Internet Email Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the box next to the options that read My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab and enter the following credentials.
- Enter the Incoming server port as 993 and choose the encryption type as SSL.
- Enter the Outgoing server port as 587, select the SSL encryption type, and click on the OK button.
- It will take you back to the POP and IMAP Account Settings window; there, click on the Next button.
- Outlook will perform a test, and once the given information is verified, the test will be completed.