How To Unsend An Email In Outlook
Microsoft Outlook has options to unsend, recall, and replace emails. If you have sent an email to a group of people or to someone and realize that the message was not the right message, or you have sent it to the wrong person, then you can use this recall option to get the message back or delete and replace it with a new one. This can be done in some circumstances where the mail isn’t opened and read. It can be achieved when both the sender and receiver use the Microsoft Exchange Server email account. Once you have unsent, recalled, or replaced an email, the recipient will receive a notification saying that you’ve recalled the email. Continue reading this page to know more about “How to unsend an email in outlook”.
Recall An Email In Outlook
Only some versions of Microsoft Outlook accounts have the feature to recall a message after it has been sent.
- To start with, open your Microsoft Outlook email account.
- Click on Mail in the navigation pane on the left side.
- In the navigation pane, click the Sent Items folder.
- Click on the name to open the sent email message you want to unsend.
- At the top of the Outlook window, click the Message tab on the Ribbon.
- Look for the Action section and then click the Actions button.
- From the drop-down menu, select Recall This Message.
- A window will appear. Here, click the “Delete Unread Copies of This Message” option or the “Delete unread copies and replace with a new message” option.
- If you want to “replace with a new message,” compose your new message before clicking “Send.”
- If the new password works, it means the reset process is done successfully.
- If you want to receive confirmation about your action, select the “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient” option.
- Click the OK button.
Note: If both the sender and recipient are not using Outlook, the feature isn’t functional.
It is always recommended to adjust the delay time of your email in your email settings so that Outlook will pause for a few minutes before sending an email.