Unable To Access My Aol Account Through The Android App
If you’re unable to access your AOL email account through the Android app (AOL Mail), check if the Internet connection is stable. If you receive any error messages while signing in to your account via the AOL Mail app, check if the login credentials are correct. Sometimes, you may not be able to access your email account if the app version is outdated. In such cases, you have to update the app via the Play Store. To troubleshoot the AOL email issues further, go through the steps given below.
Solution 1: Force stop the app
- If you are already in the AOL Mail app, close it and launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down the Settings page and tap the Apps button.
- Select your AOL Mail app from the list of installed apps on your phone.
- Tap the Force Stop button and confirm your action if prompted.
- Restart the app and check if the problem is resolved.
If you are unable to access your AOL email through the Android app, try to solve the issue using the next solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall the app
- On your Android home screen, tap and hold the AOL Mail icon. Drag the app to the top to uninstall it.
- Alternatively, open the Settings app and tap the Apps button.
- Select AOL from the list of apps and tap the Uninstall button.
- If prompted, tap OK to confirm removing the app from your Android phone.
- Restart your phone and open the Play Store app by touching its icon on the home screen.
- Search for the AOL Mail app in the Play Store.
- Choose the app from the search result and tap Install.
- After completing the download, launch the app and sign in to your AOL email account using the email address and password.
If you are still unable to access your AOL account through the Android app, contact us.