Thunderbird Is Not Receiving Emails
“Is Thunderbird not receiving emails?” Try executing the troubleshooting method provided on this page to resolve this issue.
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the reliable, easy-to-use email clients that allows you to send and receive emails over the internet. You can set up and access more than one email account simultaneously with this email client. However, many users frequently report the “Thunderbird not receiving emails” problem. So, let’s now analyze the causes of this issue and try to fix it using the simple solutions given below.
Causes Of The Issue
Generally, the Thunderbird email client will not receive new emails, if:
- Your internet connection is unstable or poor.
- The incoming server settings of your account are misconfigured.
- The firewall setting or antivirus software enabled or installed on your computer is blocking it from receiving new emails.
Simple And Easy Guide To Resolve “thunderbird Not Receiving Emails”
Try these simple troubleshooting methods one by one. After performing one method successfully, check if the email client is able to receive new emails. If Thunderbird is not receiving new emails again, try the next solution.
Using A Stable Internet Connection
- Check whether your personal computer or laptop is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, get a stable connection as soon as possible and check if you can receive emails in Thunderbird.
Modifying The Imap Settings
- Secondly, check whether your account’s IMAP settings are configured correctly. If not, set them correctly now.
- To do so, open the Options screen.
- Click on the Server Settings option.
- Now, the Server Settings details of your account will be displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Modify the settings if necessary.
- Thirdly, check if the Windows Security application configured on your computer is preventing Thunderbird from receiving new emails. If yes, disable it.
- To do so, open the Settings screen.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage Settings.
- Go to the Exclusion section.
- Click on the Add or remove exclusions command.
- Choose the Add an exclusion option followed by Thunderbird.
Now, check if the Thunderbird email client is able to receive emails. If not, contact us.