How To Reset Gmail Password
Have you forgotten your Gmail password? No worries! We will tell you how to reset Gmail password.
There are many ways to reset your Gmail password. We will provide all the information required to do it. You just have to follow the instructions on this page carefully and choose the method that suits your case.
Resetting Gmail Password:
If you have logged out of your Gmail account, you will be asked to enter the account credentials when you try to log in again. Or, if you are switching over to a device and are trying to log in to Gmail from the new device, you need to enter the password. Also, if you have updated the app, you may need to enter the password. So, if you have forgotten your password, follow the steps given here.
- Navigate to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Enter your Gmail email address.
- Click the Next button.
- On the page that displays, you will find a field to enter your password.
- Since you have forgotten the password, you need to click the Forgot password? link.
- On the Account recovery page, you will be prompted to enter the last password that you remember.
- You can enter your previous password if you remember it or click Try another way.
- On the next page, you will be asked to confirm your phone number linked to your Gmail account.
- Type your phone number in the given text field.
- Click Send.
- You will receive a notification to confirm if it is really you. Choose ‘Yes, it’s me’ on your phone.
- Suppose you don’t have access to your phone right now, click on the I don’t have my phone option.
- You will be prompted to input your recovery email address.
- So, enter the recovery email address in the given field. Click Send.
- Check your inbox for a verification code.
- Type the verification code you’ve received in the given field.
- Click Next.
- On the page that’s displayed, you can change your password. Enter your new password in the first text field. Rewrite your new password in the second field to confirm it.
Note: Create a password that can easily be remembered by you, but is difficult for others to guess. Do not share your password with anyone. Because, you may have confidential data related to your bank accounts or something that is very important. So, it is better not to reveal your password to others.
- You can tick the Show password option to check your password.
- Click Save password.
- Now, the Security Checkup page appears on your screen.
- You will be informed to confirm your recovery email and recovery phone number.
- After confirming them, scroll down to find the Continue to Gmail option. Click on it.
- You will be taken to your Gmail account page.
We hope you have finally found a way to reset your Gmail password. If you wish to change your password any time later, click on your Profile –> Manage your Google Account –> Security –> Password. You will be instructed to provide your current Gmail password. Once done, you can change your Gmail password on the next page.
If you still have any doubts or cannot reset your Gmail Password, feel free to call us.