- Outlook Not Responding
Outlook Not Responding
‘Is the Outlook application is not responding?’
‘Is the Outlook application stuck or freezes on the processing screen?’
If yes, you’re not alone. Many users, including you, face this problem, which occurs for so many reasons. However, you can fix it easily. Try the quick and simple troubleshooting methods given below to fix the ‘Outlook not responding’ problem.
OPEN OUTLOOK IN SAFE MODE
If the Outlook application is not responding and is stuck on the processing screen, try to open it in Safe mode to fix the problem. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Initially, close the Outlook application if it is opened.
- Next, click anywhere in the Search field available in the taskbar.
- Type ‘Outlook.exe /sSafe’ and tap Enter. (If necessary, you can also use the Run dialog box to open the Outlook application in Safe mode).
- Now, the application will open in Safe mode.
- Once the Outlook application is opened, close and reopen it normally.
Check whether the application is responding properly.
If not, go to the next troubleshooting method.
CLOSE THE PROBLEMATIC DIALOG BOX
- Check whether any dialog box that can stop the Outlook application from responding is running in the background.
- If yes, close it and then try to open the application.
- Also, if you’re facing this problem when accessing a large number of messages, wait for a few minutes for the application to respond.
- Because while moving a large number of messages at a time, there is a chance for the application to freeze. In this case, you can just wait for the ongoing process to complete.
INSTALLING THE LATEST UPDATES
- Check whether your Windows computer is up-to-date.
- If not, update it, and then try to launch the Outlook application.
- Similarly, check whether the Office program is up-to-date.
- If not, update it.
REPAIR THE OUTLOOK APPLICATION
- Open the Programs and Features screen.
- Select and right-click on the Outlook application.
- Click Change.
- Repair the application by following the on-screen instructions.
Contact us if none of the methods don’t fix the Outlook not responding problem.