Outlook Express Mail Setup
Outlook Express is an e-mail client application from Microsoft, which has been discontinued. This internet-based e-mail application was designed for a single user on a single machine.
On this web page, we will show you how to set up the Outlook Express 6 mail to work with your e-mail account.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook Express application on your computer.
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select the Account option.
- Now, the Internet Accounts dialog box will open.
- Click the Mail tab on the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- Locate the Add menu and select the Mail option from it.
- Now, a dialog titled Internet Connection Wizard will open.
- Enter your name in the Display Name field.
- Click the Next button.
- Now, a dialog box prompting you to enter your e-mail address will open.
- Type your e-mail address in the and then click Next.
- Select the mail server and enter the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses of your account in the corresponding fields on the E-mail Server Names screen.
- Incoming server address (POP): pop.secureserver.net
- Incoming server address (IMAP): imap.secureserver.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtpout.secureserver.net
- After entering the mail server details, click the Next button.
- Once you have set up your e-mail account in Outlook Express, a window titled Congratulations will open. Click the Finish button on it.
- Now, go to the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- Click the Mail tab followed by the Properties button.
- Click the Server tab.
- Select the My server requires authentication option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Now, click the Advanced tab.
- Enter the port numbers of incoming and outgoing mail in the given fields.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK.
The Outlook Express Mail Setup has now been set up successfully. Contact us if you need remote assistance on the same.