How To Fix Outlook Emails Stuck In Outbox
Outlook is a great software tool that increases your productivity by helping you intelligently organize daily schedules. But, sometimes, even Outlook throws an error at you, which may be a little frustrating. Today, we shall see how to fix one such error – Outlook emails stuck in outbox.
If you’re currently facing this issue, read the instructions on this page carefully to fix it in no time.
So, when you find that the emails are not sending in the outlook outbox, it means that the recipient has not received the email message. Instead, the emails are moved to your outbox. We have listed the reasons below.
- Your email may have a large attachment exceeding the limit.
- You might be reading an email from the outbox while the new email is waiting to be sent.
- Outlook may be set on Work Offline mode.
- You may have given an incorrect password or changed your email account password.
- The email must have landed in the outbox due to a technical glitch.
- Your Outlook account may have an issue with the mail server.
- So, those being some of the causes, let’s see what is to be done if Outlook emails are not sending in outbox.
- Ensure that your ISP is not blocking the port number you are using for the outgoing server.
- Check with your email provider and make sure that the mail server settings are updated. The port number or authentication methods may be changed by the mail service providers.
- Ensure that you haven’t exceeded the number of email sending quota as set by the provider.
- Make sure that your internet connection is stable.
- Change the email settings if you have set a schedule to delay the sending of emails.
- Make sure that your Outlook is online. See that there is no “Disconnected” or “Trying to connect” message on the status bar.
If the above solutions don’t work, try our alternative ways to fix the problem.
Remove The Stuck Emails:
- First, launch Outlook.
- Click the Send/Receive button.
- Choose Work Offline to prevent Outlook from sending all emails.
- Click the Outbox.
- Move your email from the outbox to the Drafts folder. So, if your email is not sent due to the size limit, then you can remove, resize, and reattach the file.
- Or, right-click on the email message and choose Delete.
- Click Send/Receive and choose Work Offline to deselect it to restart the connection.
Try After Changing Your Password:
- If the email account password doesn’t match the Outlook account password, the emails will be not sending in the outlook outbox.
- So, you need to change the email account password and Outlook password too.
Step 1: Changing The Outlook Password
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Click Account Settings and choose the account for which you wish to change the password.
- Select Change.
- Type in your new password.
- Click Next –> Finish.
Step 2: Changing Outlook Data File Password
- Open Outlook and right-click on the email account.
- Click –> Data File Properties –> Advanced –> Change Password.
- Type in your old password.
- Create a new password and confirm it.
- Click OK.
- Close all the windows.
Check if your Outlook emails are sent without any error.
We have listed a few solutions that might do the trick. If your emails are stuck in your outlook outbox, follow the instructions to fix it yourself or contact us for better assistance.