OPTIMUM.NET POP Settings
Optimum email provides a wide range of features, such as custom folders, vacation messages, and many more. Optimum email has some new security measures and encryption features that are state-of-the-art. You can also send large file attachments through a protected server. With Optimum, you will not notice a single breach of security. You will find it effortless to configure Optimum email on different smartphones and computer devices. One great thing about OPTIMUM.NET email is that you can send and receive emails to and from clients without any trouble.
You can also configure OPTIMUM.NET email with different email clients like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, etc. With the help of the OPTIMUM.NET POP settings, you can configure your email account easily.
Before you see the steps to configure the OPTIMUM.NET POP settings, you need to check the email server settings for the same.
Inbound Settings (POP)
- Incoming mail server: mail.optimum.net
- Incoming server port number: 995 (for secure connection); 110
Outbound Settings (SMTP)
- Outgoing mail server: mail.optimum.net
- Outgoing server port number: 465 (for secure connection); 587
In this email article, we have discussed the steps to configure the OPTIMUM.NET POP email settings in Outlook 2013.
- Open the Outlook application on your computer.
- Click the Account Settings button; select Account Settings.
- Click the New button.
- Select the radio button for the Email Account option and click Next.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option and click Next.
- Select POP and click the Next button.
- Enter a name to show in the Your Name field.
- Type the email address in the Email address field.
- Under Account Type, select POP.
- Enter the incoming mail server and the outgoing mail server information in the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) fields.
- Enter the password in the respective field.
- Click the More Settings… button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the checkbox for the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- Select the radio button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected and click the Next button.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Enter the appropriate port number for the outgoing server.
- Click the OK button and then click Next.
- Outlook 2013 will configure and test the OPTIMUM.NET POP settings you have entered.
- Once the test configuration is complete, click Close.
- Click Finish.
These are the steps you need to implement to configure the OPTIMUM.NET POP settings in Outlook 2013. Click the CALL button on this page to get further assistance regarding this topic.