Mailbird Not Sending Emails
“Are you facing a problem in sending emails from the Mailbird email client?” If yes, continue reading this page to know all the possible procedures to resolve it.
Mailbird is one of the desktop email clients that enables you to configure and access your email account on a PC or laptop. This email client is easy to set up and allows you to simultaneously access more than one email account. However, people frequently report the “unable to send emails via Mailbird” and “Mailbird is not sending emails” queries.
Why is Mailbird not sending emails?
Generally, an email client will face problems in sending emails, if:
- Your device is connected to an unstable or poor internet connection.
- Your account’s SMTP settings are misconfigured.
- The antivirus or security software running on your computer is blocking the email client from sending emails.
Whatever the causes might be, you can resolve this Mailbird problem in a matter of minutes. Perform these simple troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem and make the email client work again.
Resolving the Mailbird sending issue
Using a stable internet connection
In most cases, a poor or unstable internet connection will be the cause behind these kinds of problems, as stated above.
- Check if your personal computer or laptop is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, get a proper connection and then try to send an email message.
Configuring the SMTP settings
Misconfigured SMTP settings can also lead to these kinds of problems. So, check if your account’s SMTP settings are configured correctly in the Mailbird email client and modify them if necessary.
To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Mailbird email client if it is closed.
- Go to the Identities tab.
- Select the account with which you’re facing the mail problem.
- Check and edit the settings if necessary.
- Save the settings.
- Now, try to send an email message.
If Mailbird is not sending emails again, test your connection on it.
Testing the Connection
- Open the menu on the Mailbird application.
- Click Settings > Identities.
- Locate and double-click on the account with which you’re facing the problem.
- Click the Test Connection button on the opened screen.
Trying to access the account via a web browser
If there is an issue with your account, you will not be able to send emails from it. To check it, access your account via a web browser.
- Sign in to your email account from its webmail page.
- Send an email message from your account.
- Now, if you’re able to send the message, it means that the problem is with the email client.
- Otherwise, the problem is with your account. Contact your email service provider to solve it.
Modifying the firewall settings
In some situations, the firewall settings or the default antivirus software installed/configured on your computer can also block the email client from performing properly. Check and modify the firewall settings to allow the Mailbird email client to send and receive emails.
If you’re using the Windows 11 computer, follow the instructions given below for the same.
- Open the Windows Settings screen on your computer.
- Click Privacy & security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection > Allow an app through firewall.
- Now, the “Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall” window will open.
- Click on the Change settings option in the opened window.
- Type your computer’s admin password in the given field if prompted.
- Click the Allow another app option.
- Now, the Add an app dialog box will open. Click the Browse button in it.
- Go to the Mailbird folder stored on your computer and open it.
- Now, the Mailbird app will show up in the Add an app dialog box.
- Click the Add button to add the app.
Now, try to send an email message through Mailbird. Contact our technical experts if Mailbird is not sending emails again.