How to Fix Mac Is Not Receiving Emails
If you cannot receive emails on your Mac, the problem might be with your Internet connection, server, or mail settings. However, some techniques can help you quickly rectify the whole trouble. Read this article and implement the solutions. Then, check if your problem is resolved. Now, let’s move into the solutions.
Check The Fundamentals
- Your Mac should be connected to a stable Internet connection to send and receive your emails. If you find any fault with your Internet, fix it and check if you can receive emails on your Mac.
- Sometimes, you will not receive emails due to server error. In those instances, you have to wait until the problem gets fixed on its own.
- Emails with large messages or attachments can take a significant amount of time to reach your Inbox. So, wait for a while.
- If you are not receiving emails from a specific contact or group, see if you have blocked them. Unblock every important contact and ensure that your problem is fixed.
- Restart your Mac and check if it fixes the trouble. In some cases, quitting and reopening the Mail app can work efficiently.
Check Your Account Status
- If your account is offline or disabled, you won’t receive any emails. In that case, you should take your account online to rectify this problem.
- On your Mac, open the Mail app.
- Click the lightning bolt icon and select Mailbox> Account Status> Take online. Select the Take All Accounts Online option if you want to take all your accounts online.
Disable Your Computer’s Firewall And Antivirus Program
- If you cannot receive your emails due to the impact of a firewall or antivirus program, you should disable it to fix the problem.
- Therefore, temporarily disable your computer’s firewall and antivirus program and check if you can receive your emails.
Fix Your Browser
- If you are accessing your emails from your browser, check if it is outdated. If so, update it to the recent version and see if your problem is fixed.
- Try a different browser and then see if you can receive your emails.
Remove And Re-add Your Account
- In none of the troubleshooting solutions work, remove your account and re-add it to your Mac.
- Open the Mail app and remove your email account.
- Again, open the Mail app and re-add your email account.
- Now, check if you can receive your emails.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the “Mac not receiving emails” problem. If you still cannot rectify the issue on your own, reach our technical experts for assistance.