How to Use Gmail Multiple Inboxes Feature?
The Multiple Inboxes feature of Gmail helps you to organize the emails on your email account. You can have a primary Inbox and other smaller inboxes to save different emails. To learn how to use Gmail’s Multiple Inboxes features, read the steps given below.
- Launch a browser on a computer and visit the Gmail Sign-in page.
- Enter the login credentials to and click on the Sign in button.
- In your Gmail account’s main page, click the Settings or Gear icon at the right end of the window.
- From the list of options, select the Settings option.
- Next, click the Advanced tab under Settings and then navigate to the Multiple Inboxes menu.
- Click the Enable menu beside Multiple Inboxes to turn on the feature and click Save Changes.
- After that, you will be directed to the main page of your Gmail email account.
- Select the More menu on the left side panel.
- Now, choose Create new label, and the New Label box will appear.
- Enter a name for the label and click the Create button.
- Once the Label is created, click the Gear icon and select Settings.
- Now, select the Multiple Inboxes link on the left side and set the labels as you wish.
- You can set the Current searches for the multiple inboxes, Maximum page size, and Extra panels positioning menu. Finally, click Save Changes.
- Now, return to the main page and see if the Label is created.
- If you cannot find the multiple inboxes or labels on the main page, go to the Settings menu and click the Inbox tab.
- In the Categories pane, check if the Primary option is ticked. If not, tick the checkbox and save it.