How To Unsend An Email In Gmail And Outlook
Sometimes, people regret it immediately after sending an email due to missed or wrong attachment, wrong recipient, error in the email content, or personal reasons. Sometimes, we all might have regretted too. So, to solve this problem, email applications have an unsend option to retract your message before it reaches the recipient. But, the unsend option will be available only for a short time, and you need to enable the Undo Send option. This feature is quite handy for most of us. Let us see how to unsend an email.
How To Unsend An Mail In Gmail:
In Gmail, the Undo Send option is enabled by default. You can adjust the time for which the option is available.
Adjust the timeframe by following these instructions.
- Launch the Gmail application and find the Gear icon. Click the Gear icon and select Settings.
- Under the Settings section, click the General tab.
- Now, find the Undo Send option. You can set your send cancellation period here.
- From now, the Undo Send option will be available every time after you send an email, but for a specified period.
- So, after sending an email, if you wish to revert it, click Undo.
How To Unsend An Mail In Outlook.com:
You can also undo the sent email in your Outlook. To change the undo settings, follow the instructions.
- Click on the Gear icon –> View all Outlook Settings.
- Click the Mail option.
- Find and open the Undo Send option.
- Now, move the slider from 0 up to 10 seconds or whatever you desire.
- After this change in the settings, you will be able to undo the sent mail quickly.
We have discussed how to unsend an email in Gmail and Outlook. The steps are straightforward so that you can understand them easily.