How to Set Yahoo Mail Classic As Your Default Webmail?
Yahoo! Mail Classic is the basic mail version that can be used when you are not interested in the full-featured experience. You can easily switch back to the Yahoo Mail Classic mode using the quick steps given on this page. In general, if your Internet connection is slow, then you will be switched to the basic mail version automatically for better performance. Besides, it occurs when your device does not meet the system requirements. The following are the factors that make the usage of full-featured Yahoo Mail difficult.
- An unsupported browser
- Low screen resolution
- Low Bandwidth
Features not included in the Yahoo Basic Mail:
- Drag and drop attachments
- Formatting toolbar
- Photo Slideshows
Steps to set up Yahoo Mail Classic as your default webmail:
- On your computer or mobile, open the default browser.
- Verify whether you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official Yahoo Sign In page.
- Type in your email address (Yahoo) and password in the required fields.
- After entering the details, click the Sign In button to access your Yahoo Mail account.
- Locate the Settings icon on your mailbox. It is located at the top-right corner of the screen next to your profile name.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to Advanced settings and set the Switch now button to Basic.
- Next, click on Save to save the applied changes.
- Your Yahoo page will refresh and change to the basic theme.
- If it does not change, log out of your Yahoo account and sign in back with your login credentials.
- Now, you could see the Yahoo! Mail Classic being set as default webmail on your Yahoo Mail.
- If you face problems while setting up Yahoo Mail Classic as your default webmail, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.