How to set up my Proton email address on my iPhone
Proton Mail is one of the safest and the most secure email services and it provides end-to-end email encryption. It’s considered as one of the safest email services because there is no need to provide any personal information, and it is also read-only by the sender and receiver as no third party can read your mails. It can be used on any device with an active Internet connection. It is easy to use and setting it up on an iPhone can be done using a simple method. Let us see how to set up Proton email address on your iPhone.
Steps to set up Proton email address on iPhone
- Open Settings on the iPhone and select the Mail option from the list.
- Choose Accounts and select the Add account option.
- Choose Other and select Add Mail Account.
- Make sure that you have your Proton mail credentials.
- Provide your name in the Name box and Proton email address and password in the respective fields.
- Tap Next and choose IMAP as the account type.
- Provide 127.0.0.1 in the Incoming mail server Hostname box and Proton email address and password in the User name and Password fields.
- Provide the same 127.0.0.1 in the Outgoing mail server Hostname box and Proton email address and password in the User name and Password fields.
- Tap Next, turn on the Mail toggle on the IMAP screen, and tap Save.
- Go to IMAP again and choose the Proton Mail account.
- Scroll down the screen to locate the Advanced option and select it.
- Make sure that you provide the Server port as 1143 in the Incoming server settings section and 1025 in the Outgoing server settings section.
- Tap Done and make sure that you have provided the correct details in the respective fields.
- Now, you can access your Proton Mail on your iPhone.