How to Send Personalized Mass Emails in Outlook?
When you wish to send personalized mass emails from the Outlook email client, that is when you have to make use of the Mail Merge feature. Mail Merge helps you to send the numerous emails having the same format but different messages personalized according to each recipient. The following instructions will help you to send personalized mass emails in Outlook.
Step-1: Arrange the contact list
- Launch the Outlook app on the computer and click People in the File tab.
- Now, select the contacts you have to send the emails to.
- After that, click Home and in the Actions group, click the Mail Merge option.
- The Mail Merge window will open up on the screen. Now choose Only selected contacts under Contacts.
- Set Email in the Merge to drop-down menu.
- Set the other Merge options and click OK.
Step-2: Create Messages
- Open a new Microsoft Word document and go to the Mailings tab.
- Click Greeting Line. This will open the Insert Greeting Line dialog window.
- Configure the greeting line format for the contacts list and check if the greeting matches the contacts using Match Fields.
- Select the OK button to go back to the Word document.
- Next, click the Insert Merge Field menu under Mailings and select Format the Greeting to make a change to the greeting line.
- If you want to enter a message body, type “greetingline” and then input the message below.
- Now, select Finish & Merge and choose Send E-mail Messages to open the Merge to E-mail window.
- Under Message options, select Email on the To field, enter a subject line, and pick a mail format.
- Choose a suitable Send records option and click OK.
- The Word sends the emails to the recipients automatically.
- Select Yes when the system prompts to establish the connection.
- The drawback is that you cannot CC or BCC the emails, and you cannot send any attachments with the email message.