HOW TO SEND MEDIA MAIL?
Media Mail is one of the coolest features offered by the United States Postal Services, or USPS. Using this low-cost mailing service, you can send educational materials and items that are allowed by USPS. The starting price of media mail is $3.19, and this may vary based on the item(s) that you’re shipping. Let’s see how to send media mail.
Continue reading this page to know more about “how to send the media mail.”
Using the Media Mail service of USPS, you can send the following items:
- 16-millimeter films
- Printed music
- Test materials
- Video & sound recordings, such as CDs and DVDs
- Printed educational charts
- Computer-readable media.
The maximum weight of the item that can be sent using Media Mail is 70 lbs.
To send your media mail using the United States Postal Service, first, you have to go to the USPS official website. Enter the details about the item that you wish to send.
After entering the details, visit your nearest post office and pay the shipping fee for the media mail. Once the payment is made successfully, your media mail will be sent to the registered address within or on the date that you have mentioned in the mail.
Scroll down this page to know “how to send the media mail” using USPS in detail.
- As the first step of sending media mail, access the USPS official website. To do so, from your PC, laptop, or smartphone, open a web browser.
- Go to the official page of USPS.
- Now, locate the link called “Calculate Postage” and click on it.
- On the opened screen, select the Calculate Domestic Postage option.
- Now, a screen prompting you to enter the ZIP code details will open.
- Enter the ZIP code of yours (or from where you wish to ship your item) and the receivers (to where you want to ship the package) in the given fields.
- After entering these details, choose the date & time at which you wish to ship your package.
- In the next section, you will be asked to provide the package details, such as its size, shape, etc. Click Continue.
- Similarly, on the next screen, you will be asked to provide your package length, width, height, etc. Enter the asked details correctly in the given fields and click the Continue button again.
- Now, you have to choose the price and estimated delivery time of your preferences. To do so, click the tab named Other Options.
- After entering the product details and delivery information, click the OK button.
- Now, visit your local post office.
- Submit your media mail details (if necessary) and pay the shipping fee.
- Once your payment is made successfully, the media mail sending process will be initiated shortly.
If you have any other queries regarding how to send media mail, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.