How to Secure Your Gmail Account?
Are you sure that your email account is secure from malicious threats and unauthorized access? In the present world, anyone data that is present online is vulnerable to unauthorized access unless proper security measures are followed. When you send an email message over a public network, there is a chance for an unknown user to access your data without your permission. The section below explains some of the simple ways to secure your Gmail account.
Method 1: Using Google Account Settings
- By default, Google has a set of security rules or algorithms to protect its accounts from unknown users or hackers.
- Enable the security options as per your preferences in the Google Account Settings section.
- To use it, go through the instructions given below.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click your Gmail account’s profile icon.
- Now, the Google menu window will open.
- Locate and click the Manage your Google Account option, followed by the Security tab.
- Now, configure the security features correctly and click the Save button.
Method 2: Keep your OS, Apps & Browser Upto-Date:
- Running an application or OS that is not up-to-date might also lead to security problems.
- To solve this issue, update your computer’s OS frequently or as soon as the newer update is released.
- Make sure to update the apps installed on your computer within one month of a newer version release.
- Similarly, update your web browser frequently.
Method 3: Remove Unwanted Apps, Browser Cache, Cookies & Browser Extensions
- If you find any applications installed on your computer malicious or unwanted, then remove or uninstall them.
- Your computer’s browser cache and cookies may also lead to the entry of malicious or harmful threats into your Windows computer that might affect your Gmail account’s security.
Method 4: Use Unique & Strong Password
- While creating a password for your Gmail account, create a unique, strong password that can’t be identified by others.
- Changing the account’s password frequently is also a good way to secure your Gmail account.
Method 5: Activate or Enable 2-Step Verification on your Gmail Account
- To perform this process, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Security menu section.
- You can find the 2-Step Verification option under the Signing into Google section.
- Select it. Now, a dialog box displaying the message Get Started will appear on the screen.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the process.