How to Schedule an Email in Gmail?
Gmail allows you to send and receive email messages on web browsers and on the dedicated app. You can also configure Gmail on any third-party applications or email clients. As much as the usage of Gmail is flexible, so is the handling of email messages on it. One such flexible email sending option is Scheduling. You can schedule the delivery of an email message in Gmail by following the steps that are given below.
- Launch your browser and enter the official Gmail URL in the address bar.
- Click the Sign in tab and enter the email address or phone number of your account. Then, click Next.
- Type the password of your email account and click Next.
- You can also use your phone to log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, load the Standard view or HTML view.
- Click on the Compose button on the left panel to create a new email message.
- Add your recipient email address in the To section.
- Type the subject of your email message and enter your message.
- If you want to add any photos, videos, or documents, click the Attach icon and add your attachment. You can send up to 25 MB as attachments on a single mail.
- Once you have entered all the contents, click on the Drop-down icon next to the Send button. Then, select the Schedule Send option.
- If you want to send the email message the next day, you can select the Tomorrow morning or Tomorrow afternoon options.
- To select a specific date and time to send the email message, click the Pick date & time option.
- Now, choose the date and time at which you want to send the email.
- The message will be stored in the Outbox folder until the specified time.
You can also schedule an email in the Gmail application:
- Open the Gmail application on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- Tap the “+” icon to create a new message.
- Add your email message, type the recipient email address and subject.
- Touch the More icon next to the Send icon.
- Now, you can select a date and time to delay the delivery of the message.
- The email message will be sent to your recipient on the scheduled date and time.