HOW TO RESPOND TO EMAIL PROBLEMS?
Emails have become an indispensable means of both personal and professional communication today. However, it will be hard if the most important messages are not received or sent as expected. In such cases, one needs to learn how to respond to email problems. We have given a few troubleshooting steps below. Go through them and fix the email problems in Gmail.
Case 1: Cannot send emails from Gmail
When you aren’t able to send emails from your Gmail account, check if you have entered the correct recipient email address in the email you are composing. Sometimes, you may not be able to send emails if the Internet connection is unstable. If you find that the problem is with the browser, follow these steps to clear the cache and cookies.
- To begin with, open Google Chrome if you have closed it on your computer.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click the icon Customize and control Google Chrome.
- Select the More tools option followed by Clear browsing data from the drop-down list.
- Specify the time range from the drop-down menu. It is suggested to choose All time.
- Next, select the available checkboxes and click the Clear data button.
Now, the cache and cookies will be removed from your browser. This is another way to respond to email problems while using web browsers.
Case 2: Cannot receive emails in Gmail
- If you aren’t able to receive emails in Gmail, check if you have created an email filter.
- If yes, remove it from your account.
- Check the Spam folders. Move all the required email messages from these folders to the inbox.
- In case you are using the Gmail app on your smartphone, update the Gmail app and check the sync settings.
- Restart your smartphone and check the Internet connectivity.
- Try to turn on and off the Airplane mode.
- If necessary, reset the network settings.
Case 3: Cannot log in to email account
- If you aren’t able to log in to your email account (Gmail), check if the password is correct.
- Ensure that Caps Lock is turned off while entering the email password.
- If you have forgotten the email password, click the link that directs you to Google Account Recovery. This is an effective way to respond to email login problems.
- Enter your Gmail email address in the available field and click the Next button.
- Click on Try another way and then choose a recovery method.
- You can select either your mobile phone or recovery email address to receive the verification code.
- Once you have got the verification code, enter it on the Account Recovery page and click Next.
- On the Change password screen, create a new password and confirm it.
- Click Save password –> Continue.
- Now, check if you are able to log in to your email account.
Now we have learned how to Respond to Email Problems.