How to Reset Security Questions in Yahoo Mail?
The most effective method to reset the security questions on your Yahoo! account and enable safer recovery techniques like including mobile number and a backup email address. The steps for this procedure are detailed below:
- Open a web browser on your PC and visit the Yahoo! login page.
- Once you are on the login page, click the Sign In button.
- On the next page, you have to type your Yahoo! account name and password to log into your account. Then, press the Login or Sign-in button. This will take you to the home page of your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Now, click your profile name located at the top.
- Click the Account Info option.
- Now, select Account security from the left panel.
- Move to the main window and scroll down the list of options available for your account’s security.
- Locate and click the Disable security questions option. This will disable the security question feature in case it was enabled in your account earlier.
- Now, go to the top and click the option Add recovery phone number.
- A new dialog window will appear on the screen. This is to enter your recovery phone number. Here, select your country and then enter a valid phone number to which you have access.
- After entering the recovery phone number, click the Send SMS or Call Me button to receive a verification code.
- Make a note of the verification code you received on your phone either via SMS or phone call and type it in the dialog window when prompted. This will authenticate your phone number and you can now use it to recover your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Similarly, click on the Add recovery email address option, enter your alternative email address, and click Send verification email.
- Open the alternative email account, open the verification email you received from Yahoo, and click the email verification link.
Using the steps mentioned above, you can reset the security questions feature on your Yahoo! Mail account and instead add your phone number and email address for recovery.