How To Remove Rules In Outlook 365?
Outlook rules make email management painless by allowing you to sort, mark, and filter incoming emails. A rule is an action that Outlook does automatically on incoming and outgoing messages. By using the rules, you can reduce manual and repetitive actions needed to manage your Outlook mails. These rules run continuously without any human intervention. If you have a predetermined rule that you no longer want to utilize, then you have full access to remove it from Outlook 365. Let us see how to remove rules in outlook 365.
STEPS TO REMOVE RULES IN OUTLOOK (WINDOWS):
- Go to your Outlook client.
- Click on the File tab, which is present at the top left-hand corner.
- Under the Account Information section, you will be able to see the Manage Rules & Alerts option.
- Click on it, and a new Rules and Alerts window will open, showing your current list of inbox rules.
- Find out the rule that is forwarding your emails.
- Click on it, and then click Delete.
STEPS TO REMOVE RULES IN OUTLOOK (MAC):
The procedure to remove the rules in Mac is similar to that of Windows. Follow the steps to do the same on your Mac computer.
- Open your Outlook client.
- Click Tools from the toolbar.
- From the drop-down menu, select Rules.
- A new Rules window will open up on your screen with the current list of inbox rules.
- Find the rule and click on the Delete button.
- In this way, you can remove the rules in Outlook 365.
SIMPLE STEPS – WHEN OUTLOOK RULES DO NOT WORK PROPERLY:
There may be situations where your Outlook 365 does not work properly, and you end up removing the rules. Follow the steps to sort out the problem.
- If the send or receive settings files are damaged, it may cause a problem.
- Reset the SRS file to make the Rule work properly.
- If the created rules exceed the size quota, then you need to reduce the space used by the inbox rules.
- Convert the client-based rules into server-based rules.
- If the rules are corrupted due to a hard drive or any malware infection, you need to delete the previously created rules and replace them with new ones.
- These are some of the most effective steps you can follow to get rid of the issues with Outlook. Now we have learned how to remove rules in outlook 365.