How to Remove Mail from Mac?
This section will guide you in removing or deleting a mail account from your Mac computer.
- Generally, removing the mail account is quite simple and easy as adding one.
- When you delete a mail account, all the messages and mail settings will be deleted from your Mac computer.
- If required, take a backup of the messages and account’s mail server settings before deleting the account from your Mac computer.
- But, a copy of the messages will be available on the account’s mail server.
- You can also move or copy the email messages to a Mailbox available on your Mac computer.
- To move or copy the email messages, follow the instructions given below.
Move email messages:
- On your Mac computer, open the Mail application.
- Now, the list of messages will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the emails from the list and drag it to the mailbox folder.
- Otherwise, click the Move To icon or button and select the Mailbox folder.
Copy email message(s):
- Select an email message you wish to keep a copy of.
- Drag the selected email to a mailbox while holding down the Option button.
- Similarly, move or copy other email messages one by one.
Remove a mail account from your Mac computer:
- Open the Mail application on your Mac computer.
- Select the Mail option, followed by Preferences.
- Locate and click the Accounts option.
- Now, the list of accounts configured on your Mac computer will appear on the screen.
- Select the Mail account you wish to remove from your Mac computer.
- Click the Remove button.
- Now, the email account will be removed from your Mac computer.
- If the deleted mail account is used by other apps installed on your Mac computer, then you must remove the account in the Internet Account System Preferences section.
- Open Internet Account.
- Locate the Mail option and untick the checkbox beside it.