How to Make Yahoo Your Default Email Program in Windows?
If you are using only Yahoo mail, you can set it as the default one. You can easily open and access your Yahoo mails without having to log into your Yahoo account every time you want to read or send a mail. Now, let’s see how to make Yahoo your default email program in Windows. First, you have to set up your email client to access your Yahoo Mail account. When your account is added, you will be able to send and receive email messages from your Yahoo mail account set as your primary (default account).
Consider the procedure that is given below to make your Yahoo your default email program in your Windows computer 00001.
Adding your Yahoo mail account:
- Open the Mail application and go to Settings by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Select the Manage accounts option and click Add Account.
- Choose Yahoo as your email domain.
- Sign in to your Yahoo email account by entering the email address and click Next. Type the password.
- Click on the Agree button to give full access to your account.
- To remember the Yahoo account credentials, select Yes.
- After your Yahoo email account is added, click on the Done button.
Making Yahoo as the default email program:
- Open the Control Panel window. Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box. Now, type Control, and hit the Enter key to launch Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs section and select the Default Programs option.
- Now, select the Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
- Click on the icon under the Email tab.
- Now, choose the email program to which you have added your Yahoo mail account.
- You have now successfully set Yahoo as your default email program in Windows.