How to find Larger files in Gmail?
Gmail users have an excellent opportunity to have a search for specific folders and the whole inbox folder for emails and emails with attachments. But for some reason, the basic search has some limitations unless you learn the whole set of tools Gmail has. There are users who have thousands and millions of emails, and it can become relatively tough for a user to find a specific email. This problem can be used for people who are finding it hard to locate larger files.
When it comes to Gmail’s user interface, there are a lot of features. Not many users know the advanced search function, and we don’t blame anyone for that. The advanced search option is like a hidden Easter egg. While Google’s Search Engine is quite good comparatively, Gmail does not have top-notch tutorials. With the advanced search settings, we will help you to find larger files in Gmail. Here’s how it’s done.
In this Gmail support article, we have elaborated the steps to find bigger files in Gmail and the steps are quick and easy.
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Go to the official Gmail login site and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Once you login to your account, you will find a search bar on top that says ‘ Search mail.’
- Click the down arrow icon on the right side of the search mail field.
- Now, you will notice a pop-up menu with a list of fields to fill in the information.
- In the From field, enter a recipient name.
- Search for the subject if you are looking to find a particular email from your Inbox folder.
- Use proper keywords (contents you think would be in that larger file) in the Has the words and Doesn’t have fields.
- Now comes the important part. Since we are going to find larger files in Gmail, make use of the following options.
- Click the drop-down list for Size and select a size from the list.
- Filter the search for larger files in Gmail using the Date within the field.
- Click the checkbox for the Has attachment option if the larger files have attachments in them.
- Click the Search button. Once the search is complete, your Gmail account will show you a list of large files present.
- Now We have seen how to find Larger files in Gmail.