How To Delete Yahoo Email Account?
You can delete a Yahoo Mail account permanently by performing any one of the methods given on this web page.
Method 1 – Deleting the Yahoo Mail account using the termination page
- Your computer needs to have a stable internet connection.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari on your computer.
- Visit the Yahoo Mail account’s termination web page, type your Yahoo email address, and click the Next button.
- Provide the Yahoo Mail password in the Password field and then click the Sign In button.
- This will open the Information web page on the screen with the terms of deletion. If needed, read and review it.
- Note: Before deleting the Yahoo Mail account, you need to cancel any paid Yahoo services.
- Scroll down and then select the Continue option.
- Now, you will see the ‘Are you sure you want to terminate your Yahoo account’ message.
- Enter the Yahoo Mail email address again and click the ‘Yes, terminate this account’ button.
- This will schedule the email account deletion.
- Once deleted, the email account can be recovered within 30 days if needed. Post 30 days, there is no chance to recover it.
Method 2 – Deleting the Yahoo Mail using its application on a smartphone
Using this method, you can only delete the account from your smartphone and not from the Yahoo mail server.
- On the home screen of your smartphone, search for the Yahoo Mail application and tap its icon.
- Tap the Menu or Hamburger icon at the upper-left corner of the screen and select the Manage Accounts option.
- Tap the Edit option at the top-right end of the screen.
- Tap the Remove option next to the Yahoo Mail account.
- When you see a prompt box with the ‘Remove the account from this device’ message on the screen, tap the Remove option again.
- This will delete the selected email account from the smartphone.