How To Change Smtp Settings In Outlook 365?
Microsoft 365 is one of the subscription services that deliver the most updated productivity tools. The Office 365 subscription includes Outlook as well. Using Outlook 365, you can access all the latest features to maintain all your email accounts. Recently, Outlook 365 users have experienced issues accessing the SMTP settings for their email accounts. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. It uses an SMTP server to send, receive, and relay all the outgoing emails between senders and receivers. To know how to change SMTP settings in Outlook 365, go through the steps below.
- To begin with, open the Outlook app by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Head to the top-left corner and click the File menu.
- Select the Info option from the left-side panel.
- Click the Account Settings drop-down button.
- Select the Manage profiles option from the drop-down list.
- In the pop-up dialog box, click the Email Accounts button to open the Account Settings window.
- Click the Email tab and then choose your email account from the displayed list.
- Click Change or double-click your email account to start changing the SMTP settings in Outlook 365.
- Under Server Information, change the outgoing mail server name in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field.
- Click the More Settings button at the bottom-right corner.
- In the Internet Email Settings window, click the Outgoing Server tab and make sure to select the My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Enable the radio button Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- To change the server port number, click the Advanced tab and enter the correct server port number in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field.
- If you wish to use the secure port, select SSL or TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menu.
- Click OK and select Test Account Settings to verify the modified settings.
- Once the verification is complete, click Next and select Finish.
- You have now seen how to change SMTP settings in Outlook 365.