How to Block Emails in Gmail?
At times, you will find the emails from a particular sender to be annoying. You might wonder what to do to stop getting such emails in your Inbox.
In this situation, you can simply block that sender.
You can block emails in Gmail with just a few clicks. When you block a specific email address through Gmail, you will stop receiving any messages from that address in your Inbox. To block a particular email address through Gmail, follow the instructions provided below:
Blocking Emails on a Computer:
- Navigate to your Gmail Inbox.
- Open any email from the sender from whom you do not want to receive messages anymore.
- At the top-right corner of the email, you will find an icon with three vertical dots.
- Click on this icon. You will see a drop-down menu displayed on your screen.
- From the menu, choose Block [sender’s name]. You can find this option near the middle of the list.
- From now onwards, the email messages from the blocked address will be directed to your Spam folder.
Blocking emails on a smartphone:
The interface on a smartphone will be slightly different, but the overall procedure for blocking a sender’s email address will be the same.
- First, navigate to your Gmail Inbox.
- Next, open any email from the sender you wish to block.
- At the top-right corner of the email, click the icon with the three vertical dots.
- You will now see a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select Block [sender’s name].
- You will not receive any emails from this address.
We have now seen how to block emails on your Gmail account. We have seen the methods to do it both on a computer and a smartphone.