How to Add Contacts Automatically in Yahoo Mail?
When you send an email message to a new recipient to whom you haven’t added to your contacts, the Automatically add new recipients option saves the contact automatically in the Yahoo Mail account book. Instead of adding your contacts manually, it is easy to set up the Automatically add new recipients feature. If you don’t need to add any one of the contacts that were added automatically, you can even delete it from the Contacts list.
To know how to add contacts automatically in Yahoo Mail, refer to the simple steps provided on this page.
Steps to add your contacts automatically
- Launch your computer’s default browser.
- Access the Yahoo Mail account’s login page.
- Enter your email address in the Username, email, or phone field.
- Click the Next option.
- Type the Yahoo Mail account’s password in the Password field.
- Once you click Login, you can access your Yahoo Mail account from the browser.
- Click the Contacts icon at the upper-right end.
- Move the cursor to the gear-shaped icon and click it.
- Select the Settings option.
- Navigate to the Writing Email tab in the left panel.
- In the main panel, go to the When sending message field and select the checkbox beside the Automatically add new recipients to Contacts option.
- Click Save to add contacts automatically in Yahoo Mail.
Edit/Delete the added contacts
You can edit or delete any contacts manually in the Contacts list. To do this, perform the following steps.
- Navigate to the Contacts icon and click it.
- Choose a contact.
- Select the Delete (to remove your contact) or Edit Details (to make any changes to your contact) option.
- To save the altered settings, click the Save option.
Managing the contacts
You can manage your contacts using the Actions menu that contains the following options.
- Sort by First Name
- Sort by Last Name
- Sort by Email
- Reverse Sort Order
- Import – (Importing contacts from Facebook, Google, Outlook.com, and other email accounts)
- Fix Duplicates – (Removes duplicates contacts)
- Restore from backup – (Restores your address book from an automatic backup)
- Print All – (Print your contacts)
Note: You can disable the Automatically add new recipients to Contacts feature if you do not want to add contacts automatically in Yahoo Mail.