How Do I Troubleshoot Email Login Problems?
Some email errors are easy to diagnose, while others need to be dug deeper to find the solution. This guide’s intended to aid you in getting rid of email login problems. So, without wasting much time, let us see how to troubleshoot Email Login Problems.
CAUSES OF EMAIL LOGIN PROBLEMS:
- The server of your web client might be down.
- There are chances that you are typing the wrong password while logging into your email account.
- Check the Caps Lock key on your computer’s keyboard. That’s often the cause behind many of the email login issues. For instance, when you think you are typing in ‘AReallyGreatPassword, ‘ you will actually be typing ‘arEALLYgREATpASSWORD,’ which is most certainly not the same thing.
- There could be a possibility that your Internet is working slow or not secure, thus causing login issues.
- Users also face such issues when someone has changed the password of their email account.
- Another reason could be that the web browser you are using is outdated, or it might be full of cache and cookies.
- Available security programs may block the email server.
- You haven’t properly configured your email account.
However, there is nothing to worry about, and you just have to apply the right solution at the right time to sort out the email login problem.
SOLUTION 1: CHECK THE SERVER STATUS:
The first and the most basic step is to check whether the server is working correctly or not. You can’t log in to your email account if the server is down, regardless of how many times you try!
In the case of an office environment, you can contact the local administrator to fix the problem. In other cases, you cannot do much about it. You just have to wait for the server to return to its normal state.
SOLUTION 2: CONNECT WITH A STRONG INTERNET CONNECTION:
Encountering login issues due to slow or no Internet connection is not new! So, check the Internet connection before your next login attempt. You can fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting to a strong network connection.
Reset the Internet connection by following these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and choose the Reset option.
- In the end, simply click the OK button to execute the Reset Internet Connection command.
SOLUTION 3: OPTIMIZE, RESET, OR UPDATE THE WEB BROWSER:
Without thinking about anything or giving a second thought, you must admit that web browsers do get outdated over time and thus play a crucial part in login issues. You have to resolve your browser-related issues, and to do so, consider the below options.
OPTION 1: OPTIMIZE YOUR WEB BROWSER:
NOTE: The following steps will apply to the Google Chrome browser.
- Open your browser’s Settings page.
- Click the Privacy and Security option.
- After that, click Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, select the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Time Range’s drop-down arrow to select the All-Time option.
- In the end, click the Clear Data button, and you are done.
OPTION 2: RESET YOUR BROWSER:
Reset your web browser for complete optimization and for returning all the browser settings to their defaults. The following steps are for the Google Chrome browser.
- Go to the browser’s Settings page and click the Advanced tab in the left pane.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Reset & Clean up option.
- Click on Restore settings…
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the reset.
- Keep in mind that resetting the web browser will erase all the previous data, passwords, etc.
OPTION 3: UPDATE YOUR OUTDATED BROWSER:
- Open the browser and go to the About section.
- After that, a new window that automatically checks for updates will pop up.
- The browser will also show its current version.
- So, if there is an update available as of now, your browser will update itself automatically.
- Once the browser is updated successfully, re-launch the same.
Now we have seen how to Troubleshoot Email Login Problems. In case you’re in a hurry and wish to solve the issue at this moment, contact our tech team to get help.