How Do I Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails?
Is your Outlook application not receiving new emails? Well, you’re not alone. Many people like you and me can face this problem at any time. On this page, we have covered the five simple solutions that can help resolve this issue with Outlook.
Generally, the Outlook application will not receive new emails, if:
- Your device’s (on which you’re using Outlook) net connection is unstable or poor.
- The firewall, antivirus, or any security application installed on your computer is blocking Outlook from receiving emails.
- The email address is blocked.
- The IMAP or POP3 settings are entered wrongly or misconfigured.
- The Outlook plugin is blocking the connection.
- The Outlook data is corrupted or infected by malware.
- Outlook’s Inbox is full, etc.
Resolving “Outlook not receiving emails”
Now, let’s see how to fix the “Outlook not receiving emails” problem using five simple solutions.
Use a stable connection
- In most cases, a poor or unstable connection will be the main reason behind these kinds of mail problems.
- Initially, check whether your desktop or laptop is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, connect it, and then refresh the Inbox folder.
Select “Not Junk”
Outlook’s spam filters can also mislead or consider the non-spam emails as spam and send them to the Spam folder. If you can’t find your emails in the Inbox folder, look for them in the Spam folder. If you find the missing emails in the Spam folder, move them to the Inbox folder. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Spam folder on your Outlook application.
- Locate the email that is non-spam and right-click on it.
- Choose Junk > Not Junk.
- Click the OK button in the Mark as Not Junk dialog box.
Turn off “Offline Mode”
If the Offline mode is enabled on your Outlook application, there is a chance for the “Outlook not receiving emails” problem to occur.
- Open the Send/Receive tab in the Outlook application.
- Go to the Preferences section and click on the Work Offline option.
- Make sure the Offline mode is turned off.
Unblock the email address
If an email address is blocked in Outlook, you will not receive emails from that particular address. Check whether the sender’s email address is blocked. If yes, unblock it to start receiving emails from that account. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Home tab on the main screen of Outlook.
- Choose Junk > Junk E-mail Options.
- Now, the dialog box titled Junk Email Options will open.
- Choose the email address you want to unblock and click the Remove button.
Delete the unwanted emails
If the Outlook application’s Inbox is full, it will not receive emails.
- Delete the unwanted emails using the Sweep feature, or you can do it manually.
Now, check if the Outlook application is able to receive emails. Contact our technical experts if Outlook is not receiving emails again.