How Do I Fix Email Login Problems?
It is very common that many email programs keep asking for your password even if you have typed the correct password. In this guide, we have given some of the most common troubleshooting steps that will help you fix email login problems.
SOME OF THE CAUSES FOR EMAIL LOGIN ISSUES:
- Two-factor authentication can interfere with the login.
- An account hack could also cause login problems.
- There are chances that you are typing the wrong password while logging into your email account.
- Check if Caps Lock is turned on.
- A firewall could be blocking your login attempts.
- There is a slight possibility that your Internet is working slowly or not secure.
- Available security programs can block the email server.
- Your browser might be full of cache and cookies.
Now, let’s get into the solutions to fix the email login problems.
SOLUTION 1: DISABLE OTHER SECURITY OPTIONS
Sometimes, security programs like Windows Firewall and Windows Defender Antivirus can cause email login problems. In some cases, the web browser’s Plugins and Extensions will interfere with the login process.
- In your web browser, click the three dots from the top-right corner.
- Choose More Tools from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Extensions option to open the Extensions tab.
- Check whether the Enabled option has been tick-marked or not.
- Uncheck the Enabled option to disable the added extensions.
- However, you can click the Remove button to delete the extensions permanently.
- In the same fashion, click on the Disable link under the plugin that you want to disable.
- Repeat the same process for all plugins and extensions till the time you get rid of the email login problems.
SOLUTION 2: DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER FROM YOUR PC
- To disable Windows Defender Antivirus, follow these options: Windows icon -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall -> Turn off Windows Firewall.
- To disable Windows Firewall Settings: Windows Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Security -> Virus and Threat Protection -> Turn off Real time protection.
- Open your default web browser.
- Go to the Settings page and then click the Advanced button.
- From there, click the Site Settings option.
SOLUTION 3: UPDATE YOUR BROWSER
It is always a good practice to keep the browser up to date for a smooth user experience.
- Open the browser.
- Click the more icon of the browser.
- Click the Help button.
- Click About in Google Chrome.
- If you are able to see a message that says ‘Google Chrome is up to date,” then your browser does not need any update right now. Or else update the browser.
- It will take a few minutes to update the browser.
- Once the update is over, simply close and reopen Chrome.
SOLUTION 4: RESET YOUR BROWSER
- Go to the settings in your browser and click the Advanced tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Reset & Clean up option.
- Click on the Restore settings.
Note: Resetting the browser will erase all the previous data, passwords, etc. So, backup all the necessary data before resetting the browser.
These are some of the troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix email login problems. Apart from this, some of the advanced steps and to know more about it, call our technicians.