Solved: Hotmail Not Receiving Emails
Hotmail is now known as Outlook.com. Yes. The name has been modified. So, Outlook.com is one of the most preferred email service providers known for offering great features. However, owing to a few technical glitches, the email you have been expecting for a long time may not reach your Inbox. Read this page and implement the troubleshooting solutions one by one and see if you can fix the problem.
CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
- Your Internet connection should be stable to access your new emails. Therefore, check its stability before trying the advanced troubleshooting solutions. Restarting your router can help you handle this issue.
- If Outlook.com (previously known as Hotmail) server is down, you cannot receive new emails. In that case, wait patiently until the problem gets resolved on its own.
- If you find no fault with your Internet connection or the server, proceed to the following sections.
CHECK YOUR BROWSER
- In case your browser is outdated, it may not be compatible with Outlook.com. So, update the browser to the latest version and check if your problem is resolved.
- Sometimes, trying a different browser can help you handle this issue in the best possible way. For instance, if you’re using Mozilla Firefox, try using Google Chrome and see if it works.
- If this doesn’t help you fix the problem, delete your browser’s history, cookies, and cache data. If you have any extensions in your browser, remove them as well.
CHECK THE JUNK FOLDER
- If you don’t receive emails in your Inbox, see if they have reached the Junk folder.
- Navigate to the Junk folder and check if you can locate your email there.
- If your Inbox is full, it cannot accommodate new emails. In those instances, you need to delete all the unwanted emails from your Inbox.
MODIFY YOUR EMAIL RULES
- Email rules let you create instructions to handle the emails. If you have created a rule that is restricting you from receiving your emails, delete it in the first place.
- Sometimes, email filters can also stop you from receiving your emails. Check if you have configured any filter incorrectly. Go to the Filters section and make the necessary changes, if required.
DISABLE YOUR COMPUTER’S FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS
- Your computer’s firewall or antivirus application can impact a few websites.
- You should temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software to fix this problem.
- Now, log in to your Outlook.com account and see if you can receive emails.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the “Hotmail not receiving emails” issue. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts for assistance.