How To Fix Gmail Notification Not Working
“Are you not receiving real-time notifications from Gmail?” If yes, you’re not alone. This problem is faced by many people, just like you. The best part is that you can fix it easily and quickly.Continue reading this page to know how to fix the “Gmail notification not working” problem.This problem can occur due to so many reasons like:
- No or unstable internet connection.
- The Notification feature is turned off.
- Misconfigured email or app settings, etc.
However, you can fix it easily.
- In most cases, these kinds of issues occur due to no or unstable internet connection.
- So, as the first step of troubleshooting the “Gmail notifications not working” problem, check whether the smartphone or computer (on which you’re using the account) is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, connect it and check whether the notification is showing up.
Scroll down this page to know how to fix the Gmail notifications not working problem on Android, iOS, and Windows 10.
Not Getting Gmail Notifications On Android:
If you’re not receiving a new Gmail notification on your Android phone even after it is connected to a stable internet connection, try the simple and easy troubleshooting methods given below.
After performing each troubleshooting method, check whether the new Gmail notification is showing up on your phone. If not, try the next method till the problem gets resolved.
Turn on notifications
Check if the Notifications option is turned on in the Gmail app. If not, turn it on to fix the problem. To do so:
- Open the Gmail app if it is closed on your Android phone.
- Tap the Hamburger (menu) icon on the app screen.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the account that you’re facing the problem with.
- Tap Notifications.
- Turn on and set the notification level as per your preferences.
- Configure the other notification settings, such as sound, etc., as per your preferences and save them.
- Now, check if a new notification is showing up.
Turn off and on the notification
This method is another easy way to fix the notification problem.
- Open the Settings screen of the Gmail app.
- Choose the account that you’re having a problem in using.
- Tap the Notifications option followed by None.
- Now, re-launch the app.
- Turn on the Notifications option again by referring to the instructions above.
- Check if the notification problem is resolved. If not, try the next one.
Turn on “Sync Gmail”
If the Sync Gmail option is disabled on the Gmail app, you will not receive any new notifications. To fix the Gmail notifications not working problem, enable the Sync Gmail option by following the instructions below.
- Choose your account on the Settings screen.
- Locate the Sync Gmail option and tap the checkbox beside it.
Continue reading this page to know how to fix the Gmail notifications not working problem on iOS and Windows 10.
Not Getting Gmail Notifications On Ios:
Turn on the notification feature
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap Menu > Settings.
- Choose your account.
- Select the Email notifications.
- Turn on the notification feature.
- Check if the notification problem is fixed. If not, contact us.
Not Getting Gmail Notifications On Windows 10:
Two simple methods to fix the Gmail notifications not working problem on Windows 10 are given below.
Turn off and on the Gmail notification
- Open Gmail on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click Settings > See all settings.
- Go to the Desktop notifications section.
- Now, click the “Mail notifications off” option to turn off the notification feature.
- Click the “New Mail Notification on” option to turn on the Notification feature again.
- Save the changes.
Turn on the browser notification (Chrome)
To see the Gmail notifications outside the browser, turn on the browser notification in the Windows Action Center. The step-by-step instructions given below will guide you in turning on the Chrome notification in the Windows Action Center.
- Open the Settings screen on the Chrome browser.
- Click Privacy and Security Site Settings > Notifications.
- Configure the settings by following the on-screen instructions.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in fixing the “Gmail Notification Not Working” issue.