Solved: Gmail Not Receiving Emails On iPhone
Gmail is one of the most reliable mail platforms for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. But sometimes, you won’t be able to receive any emails in your Gmail account. This issue will probably occur due to connectivity problems, or the Gmail app may encounter some issues. In case you are having this problem on your iPhone, follow the below instructions to fix it.
Check The Connectivity And Restart Your Iphone
- Make sure to connect your iPhone to a standard network.
- If the internet connection speed is low, try to connect your iPhone to a high-speed network.
- Now, check your iPhone to see whether you can receive an email on your Gmail account.
- If it doesn’t work, then restart your device.
- To get the Power off slider on the screen, press and hold the home or side button on your iPhone.
- Next, drag the Power slider and wait for 30 seconds to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait for some time and power on your device again.
- Now, turn on the Wi-Fi and check whether you can receive emails on your Gmail account.
- If the issue is not yet solved, turn on Background App Refresh on your iPhone by following the next steps.
Enable Background App Refresh
- First, you need to tap the Settings icon on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Gmail app from the list and tap it.
- Here, ensure that the Background App Refresh option is turned on.
- If it is not enabled, tap the toggle key next to the Background App Refresh option.
- Now, check if the issue is solved on your iPhone.
- If it does not work, follow the below instructions.
Remove And Re-add Your Gmail Account
- Open the Gmail application on your iPhone.
- Tap on your account picture at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “Manage accounts on this device” option from the list.
- If you have multiple accounts on your Gmail app, tap the “Remove from this device” option under the respective email address you want to delete.
- After removing your email account from the Gmail app, re-add it.
- Launch the Gmail app and tap the account picture at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Add another account” option from the list.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts on your iPhone and complete your account setup.
- Once you have successfully added your account to the Gmail application, check if you can receive emails on your iPhone. By now, the issue should be resolved.
You can fix the Gmail Not Receiving Emails On iPhone issue on your iPhone by following the above instructions.