Gmail Is Not Receiving Emails
If Gmail is not receiving any new emails, you don’t have to brood over it. On this page, we have provided some effective and easy troubleshooting methods to solve this problem.
Continue reading this page to know how to fix the Gmail problem in receiving emails in 2022.
Why can’t I receive new emails in Gmail?
Well, this issue might occur due to so many reasons, like connecting your device to an unstable or poor internet connection. You might also encounter this Gmail issue under the following circumstances:
- Your account is running out of storage space
- Your account is marked as spam
- The account address is mistyped, etc.
Resolving “Gmail not receiving emails problem in 2022”
Best and Quick solution
- Using a stable internet connection: In most cases, using an unstable or poor internet connection will be the cause of these kinds of mail problems (as stated earlier). As the first step of troubleshooting this Gmail problem, ensure that the device on which you’re using the account is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Refresh the Inbox folder or check the Spam folder: Generally, once the sender taps or clicks the Send button, that email will be delivered to the receiver within a few seconds. If it is taking more time than usual, refresh the Inbox folder. If this method doesn’t work, look for the missing email in the Spam folder of your Gmail account.
- Request the sender: Gmail will not send emails to an invalid or inactive email account. So, ask the sender to check whether your email address is entered correctly. If not, ask him/her to enter the correct address and resend the email. Also, ask the sender to check whether the email is delivered from his/her Outgoing folder.
(Scroll down this page to learn how to prevent emails from going to the Spam folder).
Advanced Gmail Not Receiving Emails Troubleshooting Method
If the above solutions don’t fix the Gmail problem, try these advanced methods one by one to fix it. After performing each method, check if the account is able to receive emails. If your Gmail account is not receiving emails again, try the next method.
Unmark an email as spam
If you find the missing email message in the Spam folder, unmark it as spam to move it to the Inbox folder.
- Open the More menu of your Gmail account.
- Click on the Spam option from the left panel of the screen.
- Locate the email message you want to unmark as spam and click the checkbox beside it.
- Now, at the top of the message lists, you can find the Not Spam option; click on it to unmark the selected message as spam.
- You can also unmark an email message as spam using the Report not spam button. In some emails, you can find this button attached. So, if you receive an email with “Report not spam,” click on it to move the message to the Inbox folder.
Configuring the filter settings
- In some cases, the filter settings configured on your Gmail account can also block the new email message from getting received. Therefore, check and configure the filter settings to resolve this problem. The following steps will help you do the same:
- Sign in to your Gmail account (on which you are facing the problem) from your computer browser.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click All Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Locate the configured filter you want to delete and click the “Delete” command beside it.
- Select all the filters and click the Delete button at the bottom of the filter list to delete all the filters.
Now, check if you’re able to receive emails. Contact us if your Gmail account is not receiving emails even after performing these advanced methods.