Fix Outlook Com Email Sync Issues
Is your Outlook account not syncing your emails? Well, this might occur due to numerous reasons. However, there are some possible troubleshooting solutions that you can try to resolve this issue. Continue reading this page to know more about the same.
Outlook Sync Issues – Let’s Fix Them
Generally, the synchronization issue occurs if:
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- The PST file of the email service is corrupted or damaged.
- There is a problem with the account, etc.
Even if this Outlook sync issue occurs due to so many reasons, you can resolve it easily and quickly by performing the simple troubleshooting methods below.
Use A Stable Internet Connection
- In most cases, a poor or unstable connection will be the main cause behind the mail-related problems.
- So, as the first step, check whether your computer (on which you’re using the Outlook app) is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If not, connect it and then check whether the Outlook app is syncing.
Modify The Profile Settings
- For the emails to sync properly, the items in the Server folder and the Offline folder should be the same. If the number of items in both these folders is different, there is a chance for you to face this sync issue.
- To resolve it, modify the profile settings of your Outlook account by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Open the Outlook app if it is closed.
- Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Go to the Email tab.
- Choose the account with which you’re facing the sync issue.
- Click on the Change button.
- Now, select the Use Cached Exchange Mode option in the Change Account window, if it is not selected.
- Return to the Account Settings window.
- Now, click on the Data Files tab in the Account Settings window.
- Check if the “Set as Default” option is selected. If not, select it.
- Now, restart the Outlook app and check if the sync issue is resolved. If not, contact us.
Repair The Account
- If you’re facing the Outlook sync issue after updating your Windows 10 computer, repair the account to resolve it.
- To do so, open the Account Settings window again.
- Go to the Email tab.
- Choose the email account.
- Now, click on the Repair option. The Repair Account window will open.
- Click the radio button beside the Email Account option if necessary.
- Make sure that your account’s name and email address are displayed correctly.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- Wait for the repairing process to complete.
- Once it is done, check if the Outlook app is syncing by following the instructions below.
- Click Email in the Account Settings window.
- Choose your account and click Change.
- Now, the Change Account window will open. Click on the Test Account Settings button in it.
Reach our technical expert team if the Outlook email sync issue persists even after performing the above solutions.