EMAILS STUCK IN OUTBOX
Sometimes, when you send an email from your mail account, it may get stuck in the outbox. It is a very common problem that many users might face. This issue will occur due to a large email attachment, server problem, connectivity issues, etc. If you encounter this problem with your email account, just follow the below instructions to solve it.
FIXING EMAIL STUCK IN THE OUTBOX ISSUE (FOR OUTLOOK)
ENSURE THE CONNECTIVITY
- Make sure to connect your computer to a standard internet connection.
- If the device is connected to a low-speed network, reconnect it to a high-speed network connection.
- Now, launch Outlook on your computer and check whether you can send an email from your account.
- If the email still gets stuck in the outbox, close all the applications on your computer.
- Click the Start menu and select the Power icon.
- Choose the Restart option from the drop-down list.
- Once your computer turns on, launch the Outlook application and check if you can send an email from your account.
- If the problem persists, clear the stuck emails on your account by following the below steps.
CLEAR THE STUCK EMAILS IN OUTLOOK
- Check if your computer is connected to a standard network.
- Now, open the Outlook application on your computer.
- Choose the Send/Receive tab at the top of the window.
- Under the Preferences section, select the Work Offline option. This process will stop Outlook from trying to send all emails.
- Click on the Outbox category in the left menu panel of the window.
- Now, move the email to the Draft folder if you want to check the large attachment file, remove, resize, or re-attach it before sending.
- Otherwise, just right-click on the particular email message and select the Delete option.
- Now, go again to the Send/Receive tab at the top of the window.
- Deselect the Work Offline option. This process will restart your connection.
FIXING EMAIL STUCK IN THE OUTBOX ISSUE (FOR GMAIL)
SET YOUR ACCOUNT IN ONLINE MODE
- Launch the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Next, visit the official Gmail website and log in to your account.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the window.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Offline tab at the top of the window.
- Here, make sure to deselect the Enable offline mail checkbox.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, refresh the Gmail website and check if the issue is solved.
- If it does not work, try to clear the browser’s cache and data by following the below steps.
CLEAR BROWSING DATA, COOKIES, AND CACHE
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Select the Menu icon at the top-right corner of the window.
- Choose the More tools option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Now, you will see the Clear browsing data dialog box on the screen.
- Make sure to choose the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files options from the list.
- At last, click the Clear data button at the bottom of the window.
- Exit the Google Chrome browser. Then, relaunch the browser and log in to your Gmail account.
- Now, check whether you can send an email from your account.
You can fix the “emails stuck in outbox” issue on your mail account by following the above instructions.