How To Blocking Sender In eM Client
An average user approximately receives five to ten e-mails a day from an unknown e-mail address or domain. Most of these e-mails contain spam or unwanted content. To secure your e-mail account from potential threats, you need to keep certain things in your mind. In fact, Google offers an option called Block e-mail. Similarly, the email Client application provides an option to block the unknown sender. The email Client application allows you to block an unknown sender’s e-mail address or domain by adding it to the blacklist. Once you have added the e-mail addresses to the blacklist, further e-mails received from them will be moved automatically to the Junk folder. To add the unknown e-mail address or domain to the blacklist of email Client, follow the instructions. This article illustrates how to blocking sender in eM Client.
Steps to be followed:
- Locate and highlight the e-mails you have received from the unknown sender.
- Click the Move to Junk option.
- Select the Move to Junk and blacklist e-mail/domain option.
- The selected e-mail address will be added to the blacklist, which further gets saved in the Rules section.
You can have the option to view and manage the blacklisted contacts. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Menu section of the email Client application.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Tap on the Rules option.
- Select the Blacklist option.
- Click on the Modify rule button.
- Now, a window displaying all the blacklisted e-mail addresses and domains will open.
- Modify the blacklist settings as per your choice.
If you need assistance in blocking sender in eM Client, click the Call icon present on this page; our technicians will help you in solving all the doubts.