How To Configure Gmail SMTP Server Send Email Easy Steps
Like other email service providers, Gmail provides an SMTP service to send emails from third-party email clients or websites. However, to use this service, you should have a valid Google account. Also, the configure gmail smtp server send email settings should be configured correctly in the email client to send emails.
This page will guide you in configuring the Gmail SMTP server settings and sending an email(s) message using it.
Before going to the configuration process, let’s see the Gmail SMTP server settings.
Username: Your Gmail account address
Password: Your Gmail account’s password
Outgoing Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
Authentication: Yes, required.
Port: 465 (for SSL); or 587 (for TLS)
Security type: SSL or TLS
Configuring The Gmail SMTP Server Settings
Step 1: Creating The Google Account
As said above in the introduction, you should have a valid Google account to use Gmail as the gateway to send emails. So, if you don’t have an account, create one and then go to step 2.
- Visit the Google account sign-in page.
- Click on the “Create account” command.
- Now, a page prompting you to enter your personal details to create the account will open.
- Enter the required credentials in the corresponding fields and click Create.
Step 2: Enabling 2-Step Verification
Now, enable the 2-step verification setting on your Google account to avoid data loss and theft. If you have already enabled this setting on your account, then skip this step and go to step 3.
- Visit the “Google account log in” page and sign in.
- Now, access the Navigation bar and click on the Security tab.
- Locate the 2-step Verification option and click on it.
- Make sure that the 2-step verification setting is enabled successfully.
- Save the changes.
Step 3: Generating App Password
When the 2-step verification feature is enabled, there is a chance for you to face problems while accessing the apps or devices using your Google account. In this case, you can use the App Password to access the blocked apps or devices using your account. Generate the app password for your device and apps by following the instructions given below.
- Go to the Google App Passwords Page.
- From the “Select app” drop-down menu, select the app for which you wish to create the password.
- Similarly, select the device from the “Select device” drop-down menu.
- Click the GENERATE button and follow the on-screen instructions to create the app password.
Step 4: Configuring The GMAIL SERVER SETTINGS
- Open the email client (on which you wish to configure your Gmail account) on your computer. (Click Call if you need remote assistance in configuring your Gmail account in email clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.)
- When prompted, enter your account’s username, password, and server settings in the given fields.
- Make sure that the SMTP server settings of your account are entered correctly.
- Finish the configuration process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Verifying the SMTP configuration
You can check whether your Gmail account’s SMTP server settings are configured correctly by sending a test email.
- Open the Compose window in the email client.
- Type the text message in the message field.
- In the To field, type your own Gmail address (that you’ve configured in the email client).
- Click Send.
- If you receive the test email successfully, it means the settings are configured correctly.
Contact us if you need remote assistance in configure gmail smtp server send email settings using it.