How To Configure The Comcast Email Setting
Comcast lets you connect to your email account from a desktop or mobile device. Comcast.net provides access to the email account using both the IMAP and POP3 protocols. In the section below, we’ll show how to configure the Comcast email setting in Outlook email client using IMAP.
The incoming and outgoing server settings of Comcast are as follows:
- Server name: imap.comcast.net
- Port number: 993 with SSL
- Authentication method: STARTTLS
- Server name: pop3.comcast.net
- Port number: 995 with SSL
SMTP- outgoing server settings
- Server name: smtp.comcast.net
- Port number: 587 (SMTP) or 465 (SMTPS)
- Encryption: TLS
- Authentication: Comcast username and password
Comcast For Outlook 2013 & 2016
The steps mentioned below are suitable for Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016.
- On your computer, launch the Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 client.
- Click File followed by the Account Settings button.
- Select the Account Settings option.
- On the Account Settings dialog box, select the New tab.
- Choose the E-mail Account option by clicking the radio button beside it.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the radio button beside the Manual setup or additional server types option on the Add Account dialog box.
- Select the POP or IMAP option.
- Now, a dialog box titled POP and IMAP Account Settings will open up.
- Enter your Comcast account information like name, email address, account type, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, and password will in the corresponding fields.
- Make sure to select the IMAP option from the Account type drop-down menu correctly.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Now, the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box will open.
- Go to the Outgoing Server section of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- Make sure to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options.
- Now, click the Advanced tab on the same dialog box.
- In the field beside Incoming server (IMAP), enter 993.
- From the drop-down menu titled Use the following type of encrypted connection, select the SSL option.
- Enter 587 in the text field beside the Outgoing server (SMTP) field.
- Similarly, select TLS from the encryption connection drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Next > Close > Finish > Close.
You have now successfully configured your Comcast email account in the Outlook email client on your computer.
Contact us if you need remote assistance on the same.