Bigpond Imap Mail Server Settings
Server settings play a vital role in configuring an email account on an email client. IMAP and POP are incoming mail servers that take care of the incoming emails. IMAP is much better than POP as it saves the emails on the server. Thus, you can access your email from multiple devices. If you want to know about Bigpond Imap Mail Server Settings, continue to read the following sections.
Bigpond – IMAP server settings
- Server: imap.telstra.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption: SSL
SMTP server settings
SMTP controls the outgoing emails, and it is common for both IMAP and POP. Here are the SMTP server settings for Bigpond:
- Server: smtp.telstra.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption: STARTTLS
Username and password
Username: Your complete Bigpond email address
Password: Your email account password (case sensitive)
Configure Bigpond in Thunderbird
If you want to know the procedure for configuring your Bigpond email account in Thunderbird, follow the instructions below.
- Launch the Thunderbird application on your computer.
- Click on the Tools tab and choose Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- In the New Account Setup window, choose the Email account option and click on the Next button.
- Now, you need to enter the username and password of your Bigpond email account in the respective fields; then, click Continue.
- In the Mail Account Setup window, choose your preferred account type and click the Manual Config button.
- Enter the incoming server hostname as imap.telstra.com and the outgoing mail server as smtp.telstra.com. Enter your complete Bigpond email address in the Username field.
- Enter the incoming port as 993 and the outgoing port as 587. Enable the respective encryption types for the incoming and outgoing servers.
- Once you have entered all the credentials, click on the Re-test button.
- In the Mail Account Setup window, click on the Create Account button.
- Wait for Thunderbird to finish the verification process. Once the process gets completed, your email account will be added to Thunderbird.
Now we have learned how to perform Bigpond Imap Mail Server Settings. If you have further queries, you can get back to us.