Bellsouth Pop Server Settings
E-mails are one of the primary sources to establish a professional and personal connection. Since we are used to setting up different e-mail services all in one single go, we won’t know which to consider a priority. The best solution is to configure them in one place for easy management. Since ATT and Outlook are the two major e-mail clients used by IT and other private organizations, we will be looking at the ATT Outlook e-mail settings.
ATT is a webmail program powered by Yahoo. It offers a free e-mail account with one optional plan to manage all your ATT accounts in one place. If you want to sync both ATT and Outlook e-mails, you must configure the ATT e-mail settings in Microsoft Outlook. It offers a lot of benefits; you can also access data and enjoy vast features of Outlook like calendars, contacts, and much more.
With the help of the Bellsouth e-mail settings, you do not have to access the bellsouth.net web interface. You can check and reply to e-mail messages using other e-mail clients like Outlook Express, Apple Mail, Gmail, to name a few. Your e-mail will still be available on your computer even after being disconnected from the computer.
NOTE: ATT acquired Bellsouth in 2006.
Here are the Bellsouth POP server settings.
INCOMING SERVER- POP
- Incoming host server name: pop.mail.att.net
- Incoming mail server port number: 995
- Use SSL: Yes
OUTGOING SERVER- SMTP
- Outgoing host server name: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing mail server port number: 465
- Use SSL: Yes
In this Bellsouth e-mail article, you will be reading the steps to configure Bellsouth POP server settings in Outlook 2010.
- Open the Outlook 2010 application on your computer.
- Once done, click the File menu.
- Click the Add Account button.
- Select New.
- Click the checkbox for the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose the Internet E-mail option and click Next.
Under User Information,
- Enter the name you want the recipients to see in the field.
- Enter the ATT e-mail address in the field provided.
- Under Server Information, select POP for the Account Type.
Under the Logon Information section,
- Enter the username in the field and the password in the corresponding field.
- Click the checkboxes for Remember Password and Require Logon using Secure Password Authentication.
- Select the More Settings button.
It’s time to fill in the Outgoing server information.
- Click the checkbox option-My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Enter the following port information,
- Incoming Port: 995
- Outgoing Port: 465.
- Ensure that you select the encryption method as SSL for both.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Next.
- Click the Finish button once the configuration is successful.
You have now successfully seen the step-by-step procedure to configure the Bellsouth POP server settings in Outlook 2010.
If you have any issues with this article, click the CALL button on this page for assistance.