Fix: ATT.Net Email Not Working
ATT.NET is popular worldwide and is known for its rich and secure email services. ATT is one of the best web-based email services; a lot of people in the world are using it. Though ATT email works quite efficiently on many devices, users might encounter issues sometimes. Eventually, it results in ATT mail not working. Many users say that the problem is caused due to an OS update. You must understand the exact reasons behind the ATT.NET email not working issue. In this ATT.NET troubleshooting article, we have described some troubleshooting methods that will resolve the ATT email not working issue.
There are several reasons you need to look into to resolve the issue:
- Password issues
- Login issues
- Browser compatibility
- Email settings
Here are the troubleshooting methods to resolve the ATT.NET email not working issue.
METHOD 1: CHECK THE ATT.NET EMAIL SETTINGS
If you have an improper configuration, you are bound to face email issues related to ATT.NET. So, make sure that your email settings are according to the following information.
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net
- Port number: 993
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Port number: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Authentication: Yes
- Sign-in Information: email, password
METHOD 2: CHECK THE INTERNET CONNECTION
- Check and see if your computer is connected to the Internet (wired or wirelessly).
- If connected wirelessly, ensure that there are no disturbances between the computer and the router.
- Check the Wi-Fi settings and see if the connection is proper.
METHOD 3: CHANGE YOUR INTERNET BROWSER
- There are instances when ATT.NET email will not work because of the browser itself. In such cases, it is safe to shift to a different browser.
- Other popular browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and much more.
METHOD 4: CLEAR CACHE AND COOKIES
Here are the steps to delete the cookies and cache for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the three-lined icon located next to the address bar.
- Select Tools and choose the option Clear browsing data.
- A dialog box will open. Click the checkboxes for Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data.
- Click Clear browsing data to confirm the action.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Click the Tools option on the right side of the window.
- Click and select Internet Options from the Tools menu. Next, choose the General tab.
- Locate the Browsing History section and click the Delete button.
- Click the Cookies and Temporary internet files option from the list and click Delete.
- Select Apply and click OK to close the window.
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click Options.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Click the Network tab.
- In the Offline Storage section, you will see the section that shows the space used by the cache.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Clearing the cache and cookies is a sure-shot way to resolve the ATT.NET email issue.
Follow the methods as mentioned in this article to resolve the ATT.NET email not working issue. Click the CALL button on this page to speak to our technical team for assistance.