AOL MAIL UNABLE TO VERIFY ACCOUNT
It is really frustrating to see the “Unable to verify account name or password” message in AOL Mail. The AOL Mail may fail to verify your account for various reasons. One of the reasons can be an incorrect password or user name. Sometimes, even if you enter the correct credentials, you may see this message. Whatever be the cause, we have solutions for it. Read this article to know them in detail on Aol Mail Unable To Verify Account.
UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO THE LATEST VERSION
If you are using an outdated device version, you may face issues when logging in to your AOL account. Usually, the device updates are required for built-in Apple apps to work correctly. So, let us try to fix the issue by updating the device.
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Go ahead with the on-screen prompts to update your device.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Click General.
- Select Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update process.
CREATING AN APP PASSWORD
After updating your device, check if the error message has disappeared. If not, use the password generated by AOL.
- Log in to the AOL account.
- Click on your Username.
- On the Account Settings page, click Account Security.
- Look for the Manage App Passwords or Generate App Password option and click on it.
- Click the Drop-down menu to choose the Mail app from the list.
- Select Generate.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to update your Mail password.
This issue should be fixed once you update your Mail password.
UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD THROUGH SYSTEM PREFERENCES
- Navigate to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Select Internet Accounts.
- Choose your AOL account.
- When you are instructed to enter the password, click Cancel.
- On the next screen, enter the correct password of your AOL account and press Tab.
- Now, validation of your AOL account will start.
- Once done, try to log in and see if it works.
Any of the above solutions should fix the AOL Mail’s unable to verify account issue. If not, call us for technical assistance.