Aol Mail Settings For Outlook
AOL is an email service that can be accessed over the web or in an email client. To access your AOL email account in an email client, you should have configured the account in it. For this, you might need the AOL mail settings. The AOL mail account can be configured using the IMAP or POP server as the incoming mail server. These settings are required only if you choose to configure your email account manually. There is no need to configure the AOL mail settings in case of automatic configuration.
Here, we have provided the AOL mail settings for Outlook and this will be handy for you to set up your email account in the Outlook email client.
- Open the Outlook email client and select Tools -> Account Settings.
- Go to the Email tab and click New.
- Enter your name and AOL email address.
- Ensure that you add @aol.com to your mail address.
- Ensure that the Internet Email is selected.
- On the Internet Email Settings screen, type imap.aol.com in the Incoming mail server box and smtp.aol.com in the Outgoing mail server box.
- Select IMAP in the Account type field.
- Type your full AOL email account name in the Username field and the AOL email password in the Login Information section.
- Now, click More Settings.
- Go to the Outgoing server tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox and the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option. Then go to the Advanced tab.
- Type 587 as the Outgoing Mail port and click use defaults for the Incoming server. Select SSL from the drop-down list. Then click OK followed by Next.
- Select Test Account Settings and then click Next.
Note: It ensures that the account functions correctly and lets you know that the information you’ve entered is acceptable or not.
Finally, click Finish.
Now that you’ve seen how to configure Aol Mail Settings For Outlook.