Aol Mail Account Recovery Step By Step Guide
Forgetting an account’s username or password is a very common thing. The best part is that you can recover it easily using the responding email service provider’s support page. Continue reading this page to know more about the aol mail account recovery process.
Recover A Forgotten Username
If you have forgotten your AOL mail account’s username, then follow the simple and quick instructions given below to recover it.
- Go to the AOL mail account’s Sign-In Helper page from your computer’s web browser.
- Click the Start over button if necessary.
- Type the recovery email address or phone number in the given field and click the Continue button.
- Select the option named “Yes, send me a verification code” in the next window.
- Now, AOL Mail will send a verification code to the entered email address or phone number.
- Use the copy and paste option or manually type the code in the field named “Enter your verification code” and click Continue.
- Recover your account’s username by following the rest of the instructions.
- After recovering the username successfully, try to sign in to your account using it to check whether the AOL mail account recovery process is performed correctly.
- If you’re able to access your account, it means the recovery process is done correctly. Otherwise, re-perform the recovery process.
Reset Or Change Your Password
As said in the introduction, forgetting a password is not new. If you have forgotten your AOL mail account’s password, you can reset it easily using the Mail’s Sign-In Helper page. Also, if you find your account’s password is weak and easy to memorize, then you can create a strong and unique security key and replace it with the existing one. The below section will guide you in resetting a forgotten password and changing your account’s password.
Reset A Forgotten Password
- Visit AOL Mail’s Sign-In Helper page.
- Type the phone number or email address you’ve configured for recovery in the given field and click Continue.
- Reset the forgotten password by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Change Your Password
- Go to AOL Mail’s Account Security page to change your account’s password.
- Select the Change Password option.
- Now, create a strong password (at least with 12 characters) for your account and enter it in the fields named “New Password” and “Re-type New Password.”
- Click Continue to change the password successfully.
Add, Change, Or Remove AOL Account Recovery Info
Generally, you will be asked to enter the account recovery information, such as a valid phone number or email address, while creating your AOL Mail account for the first time. You can also configure the recovery settings later using the AOL Account Security page. The below section includes adding, editing, verifying, and deleting a mobile number or email address.
Add A Mobile Number Or Email Address
- Go to the AOL mail account’s Security page from your computer browser.
- On the opened page, locate the section named “Verification Methods.”
- Select the Add email or Add phone number option as per your preferences and follow the on-screen instructions to add a mobile number or email address as the recovery information.
Edit A Mobile Number Or Email Address
- On the Account Security page of AOL, locate the recovery option you want to change.
- Now, click Edit > Edit.
- Type a new mobile number or email address in the given field and click Confirm to replace the existing information with the new one.
Delete A Mobile Number Or Email Address
- Locate the recovery option you want to delete on the AOL Account Security page.
- Click Edit > Edit > Remove from your account.
- Delete the added mobile number or email address by following the on-screen instructions.
Verify A Mobile Number Or Email Address
- Locate the recovery option that you have missed to verify.
- Now, click Edit > Verify now.
- Complete your account verification process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Unlink Recovery Info From An Unused Or Unrecognized Account
If you wish to remove the unlink recovery information from the accounts (that you don’t often use or an unrecognized account), carry out the simple instructions below.
- Go to the Sign-In Helper page of AOL.
- Now, request the AOL mail service provider to send a verification code to your recovery email address or phone number. To do so, view the instructions given under the “Recover a forgotten username” section on this page.
- After receiving the verification code, enter it in the given field and click Verify.
- Now, locate the account that you want to unlink and click the Kebab menu beside it.
- Select Unlink this account > Unlink this account.
Fix Problems Signing Into Your AOL Account
You may face many problems while signing into your AOL account. However, almost all the sign-in problems are easy to resolve. The below section will guide you in fixing the AOL account sign-in problems.
Account And Password Issues:
In most cases, the sign-in problem occurs due to password issues, account issues, and other access issues. Scroll down this page to know how to fix the account and password issues in detail.
You Forgot Your Username Or Password
- You need to enter your account’s valid/correct username and password in the given fields to successfully sign in to the account. If you have forgotten your account’s username or password, recover it and then try to sign in to the account.
- Refer to the instructions given under the “Recover a forgotten username” and “reset a forgotten password” sections on this page to recover your account’s username and
You Get An “Invaid Password” Error
If you receive an “invalid password” or “wrong password” error message while trying to sign in to your AOL mail account, try these quick troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
- Initially, check to ensure that you have entered your account password correctly in the given field. Also, make sure that the Caps lock and number Lock options are disabled on your computer’s keyboard.
- Next, update the autofill settings of the browser (that you’re using to access the AOL mail account) if you’ve changed your account password recently.
- Use another browser for signing in.
- If your account password is changed without your knowledge, use the Sign-In Helper page of AOL to recover the account, and then try to sign in to the account.
Continue reading this page to fix other sign-in issues.
Other Sign-In Issues:
Some messages other than errors are also displayed on the screen when you try to sign in to your AOL account. The below section will help you find the exact meaning of some common messages that are displayed on the screen.
You Get A “ First Time Signing In Here?” Message
The “ first time signing in here” the message is displayed on the login screen of AOL when you try to sign in to your account from a new device, program, or location. Enter the verification code received on your recovery phone number or email address to continue the sign-in process.
Two-Step Verification Is Enabled, But You’re Not Asked To Verify Your Identity
Generally, if you have configured a two-step verification for your account, then you will be asked to verify the account while signing in. But, this is applicable only for new devices or programs you use for signing in. That means if you have already signed in and verified your account on a device, or program, then further, you will not be asked to enter the verification code each time you sign in on that particular program or device.
Your Sign-In Screen Loops Or Reloads
This problem occurs when you enter incorrect recovery information on the Sign-in page. Without verifying your account, you will not be able to access your account. So, always ensure to update your account’s recovery information.
Contact our technical experts if you need to know more about the AOL Mail account recovery process.